ラグやフリーズに関する問題について/Issues related to lag and freezing

English follows after Japanese

ハンターの皆さん、ラグやフリーズに関する報告をアプリ内問い合わせやコミュニティフォーラムでお寄せいただきありがとうございます。現在の開発チームでの取り組み、一般的なトラブルシュート並びに情報提供をいただく際のお願いを記載いたします。

開発チームの取り組みについて

現在端末によってパフォーマンスが悪化する場合があることを認識しており、改善に向けて取り組んでいます。

ご報告を多くいただいているジンオウガの狩猟中にパフォーマンスが悪化する現象については、次回アプリ更新後、現在より改善する見込みです。

そのほか、引き続き調査と改善に取り組み、より快適にプレイいただけるよう努めてまいります。

一方でリリース当初よりサポート対象端末としてきたiPhone8 並びにそれと同等の性能のCPUを搭載している端末につきましては、現在OSバージョンアップの対象外となっていることなどもあり、今後もサポートが可能か現在議論中です。対象端末をご利用されている中でパフォーマンスに問題を感じられている場合、機種変更等もご検討いただけますと幸いです。

なおモンスターハンターNowのゲームデータはGoogleログインまたはApple サインインと紐づいています。そのため機種変更の際、特別な設定を行なうことなく、同じアカウントでゲームを再開することができます。
ただし、iOS端末からAndroid端末へ乗り換える場合、Android端末ではGoogleログインのみが可能なため、Appleサインインのみがログインプロバイダーに設定されている場合は、事前にGoogleログインも設定するようにしてください。

ラグやフリーズに関するトラブルシュート

サポート対象端末の基準を十分に満たしている場合、下記の操作を行うことで問題が改善する場合がございます。

• 端末の再起動
  • アプリの再インストール
  • バックグラウンドで起動中のアプリを無効にする
  • 設定画面でアプリの画質を「低」に設定する
  • 設定画面で「狩猟中の描画を滑らか(60fps)にする」のチェックを外す
  • 設定画面で全てのアセットをダウンロードする
  • 端末のOSをアップデートする
  • (Android端末のみ) Google Play Store / Google 開発者サービスをアップデートする
  • (iOS端末)低電力モードを解除する
  • (端末が熱くなっている場合)しばらく時間をおいてからプレイする、端末を冷やす

また端末のバッテリーが劣化している場合にパフォーマンスが悪化することがあり、その場合バッテリーを交換することで改善します。詳細は端末メーカーの公式サイトなどをご確認ください。

そのほかパフォーマンス改善に関する情報はApple 社または Google社のサポートページをご確認ください。

Apple 社

Google社

https://support.google.com/android/answer/7667018

情報提供をいただく際について

アプリをリリースする前には、モンスターハンターNow専任のQAチームがパフォーマンスについても問題が発生してないかさまざまなパターンで確認をしていますが、特殊な条件が重なるなどイレギュラーなケースでパフォーマンスが悪化する場合があります。

参考:これまでに確認されている特殊な環境下でパフォーマンスが悪化するケース

• 睡眠計測アプリと本アプリを同時に起動した際に、パフォーマンスが悪化する
  • 端末メーカーで独自に開発した通信容量削減機能をONにした状態で非Wi-Fi環境下でプレイすると、パフォーマンスが悪化する
  • 端末メーカーで独自に開発したゲームの動作を最適化するモードをONにした状態でプレイすると、パフォーマンスが悪化する
  • Apple CarPlayに接続すると、パフォーマンスが悪化する

そのため問題をご報告いただく際はできるだけ詳細にお気づきの点をご連絡いただけますと幸いです。また動画があることで、非常に正確に何が起きているかをQA担当者並びに開発チームのエンジニアが把握することができます。アプリ内問い合わせからも動画を送信いただけますので、大変お手数ですが、ご検討いただけますと幸いです。

引き続きモンスターハンターNowをどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

Hunters,

Thank you for reporting issues related to lag and freezing through the in-app support and the Community Forum. This message outlines our development team’s current efforts, general troubleshooting, and requests for providing us with detailed information.

Development Team Efforts:

We are aware that performance may degrade on some devices, and we are actively working on improvements. We expect a performance improvement during Zinogre hunts in the upcoming app update. We continue to investigate and improve to ensure a smoother gameplay experience for all.

On the other hand, we are currently discussing whether we can continue to support the iPhone 8, which has been a supported device since the initial release, as it is no longer eligible for OS updates. This consideration also applies to devices with CPUs of equivalent performance. If you are using one of these devices and are experiencing performance issues, we recommend considering an upgrade.

Monster Hunter Now game data is linked to your Google login and/or Apple sign-in. Therefore, when you change devices, you can resume the game with the same account without any special settings. However, if you are switching from an iOS device to an Android device, Google login is the only option on the Android device. If Apple sign-in is your only login provider, please make sure to set up Google login in advance.

Troubleshooting Lags and Freezes:

If your device fully meets the requirements for supported devices, performing the following actions may help mitigate performance issues.:

• Restart your device
  • Reinstall the app
  • Disable apps running in the background
  • Set the app’s graphics quality to ‘Low’ in the settings
  • Uncheck ‘60 fps While Hunting’ in the settings
  • Download all assets in the settings
  • Update your device’s OS
  • (Android) Update Google Play Store / Google Developer Services
  • (iOS) Turn off low power mode
  • (If the device is hot) Take a break from playing to cool down the device

Performance may also degrade if the device’s battery is deteriorating; replacing the battery can improve this issue. Please consult your device manufacturer’s official website for more details.

For more information on performance improvements, please visit the Apple or Google support pages.

Apple: https://support.apple.com/102598

Google: https://support.google.com/android/answer/7667018

When Providing Information:

Our QA team dedicated to Monster Hunter Now checks for performance issues in various scenarios before releasing the app. However, performance may degrade in irregular cases, such as when special conditions overlap.

For reference, here are cases where performance has been observed to degrade under special circumstances:

• Running the app and a sleep tracking app simultaneously
  • Playing the app with a device manufacturer’s proprietary Data Saving feature turned on when not connected to Wi-Fi
  • Playing the app with a device manufacturer’s proprietary Game Optimization mode turned on
  • Playing the app when connected to Apple CarPlay

Therefore, please provide us with as much detail as possible when you report an issue. Also, videos allow our QA staff and developers to understand exactly what is happening. Please consider attaching videos when reporting an issue via Contact Support in the settings as well.

Thank you for your continued support for Monster Hunter Now.

26 Likes

I have a S24 Ultra not even 2 months old yet. Everything ran smoothly up until a recent updates. There’s no excuse. It is not my phone. Fix your game and servers.

32 Likes

This problem has escalated with each new patch you release.
It is not a hardware problem, great phones experience the lag too.
You need to optimize your code.
It is really unacceptable that a game that charge us money for dying is so poorly optimized and cause us to die time after time.
You really need to do something about this mess.
I personally will not spend any more money on the game until you fix the lag.

32 Likes

Pathetic
lucky that my equipments are good enough now and dont need to spend any more money for the game, so I will not buy the pass until they fix the server lag problem.

The real problem started from V72, for some reason, they slow down the movement of hunter and the monster, at lease for LS and SNS, may be it is because they tried to give more time for hunter to react or try to balance the attack speed between GS/CB and LS/SNS.

Then the double hit problem comes in, they said its fixed at V73 but its not, the double hit still here even in V75 and more problem comes up

They need to look into the different between V72 and V71 to find the bug

15 Likes

S23 Ultra same problem

10 Likes

日に日に悪化してる。
WiFi環境でも5Gでも関係なくネットワークエラーでまともにできない。iPhone13ですが、一体狩るごとにラグやフリーズが酷くなり再起動、現在は再起動してもなおらず、2、3回再起動してやっと一体狩れるか狩れないかの状態。
もはやストレスを生み出すゲームでしかない。
回復薬、ペイントボールで捕まえたモンスター(ラグ過ぎて狩れず)など、保証して欲しいレベル。

23 Likes

運営者様
お疲れ様です。
ROGPhone7(512GBタイプ)を利用しております。
/Thank you for your hard work, administrator. I am using a ROGPhone7 (512GB type).

逆にご質問を行いたいのですが、検証環境ではどこのメーカーのどの機種で最適な環境でできているのかをご回答願います。
/Conversely, I would like to ask a question: what manufacturer’s model is used in the testing environment to ensure optimal performance?

お答えできていないようですと検証環境なしでプレイヤーによる実地テストという、ずさんな運営体制を言わざるを得ません。
/If you are unable to answer this question, then I am forced to point out a sloppy management system in which players are conducting field tests without a verification environment.

こちらへの情報収集だけではなく、そちらの検証結果、検証中経過の報告を本フォーラムだけではなくXやFaceBook等で共有していただければと思います。
/In addition to collecting information for us, we would like you to share your verification results and progress reports not only on this forum but also on X, Facebook, etc.

できるだけ速やかなご対応を願っております。
/I hope for a response as quickly as possible.

36 Likes

高グラフィック高フレームレートはPS5やsteamでやればいいので、スマホ向けの位置ゲーとしていかにストレス無くプレイ出来るかを一度原点に戻って考え直していただきたいです。
最近の挙動は限定された条件下で起こる訳ではなく、フィードバック頼みにせず開発陣が実機プレイするだけでも色々分かるかと思いますよ。

25 Likes

ジンオウガの狩猟中に限った話ではないですよね?大型モンスターの種類によらず発生してますよ。また、投稿された問題の動画はリオレウスでしたよね?

16 Likes

The Unity game engine was recently updated.

1 Like

スマホ側のせいにする対応はアプリ作成者として如何なものかと思います。
最新機種でも不具合は発生しているので、アプリの問題ですよね。
アプデの度に不安定になってます
メモリ使用量が多すぎる
だから発熱する
フリーズ、ラグ、カクツキに繋がると思う

37 Likes

To do proper testing you need to have a test device for every SOC manufactor I mean Unisoc, Qualcomm, MediaTek, Apple Bionic,Exynos and different series.

2 Likes

v75.1環境で起きた動画を残しておきます。
ジンオウガに限らず、どのモンスターでも起きる可能性はあるんですけどねぇ…。

19 Likes

So we are getting compensation potions for all the times we were hit due to lag right?

8 Likes

他のコメントにも書かれているけど、そもそもサポート端末で検証はしたものなのか?と思うにもおかしくないのが、今まで出ていた不具合や武器バランス問題などを見る限り、何回かプレイしてみればすぐ気づくものもあったのにも関わらず事前に発覚されずにリリースされ、ユーザーによる報告により修正されるケースが多かった。
いい加減ユーザーのことテスターに使わないで欲しいんだけど?

※IPhone15でWifi環境でも今回アップデート後ラグ発生するようになったし、普段狩り、ジンオウガ狩り関係ないんです。

24 Likes

リリース前検証してないと言われても仕方無いですよね。
バグ報告あっても自分達で確認しようとせずオマカンで済ませようとする回答ばかり。やっと認めた本問題もオマカン確認を諦めて無いですし。最新機種で発生してる時点で対処しなくてはいけないのはユーザーではなく開発側のはずなのに。

14 Likes

My phone ran MHN perfectly fine without lag until the recent updates. My phone didn’t change, your game changed. Are you really advising people to spend money on a new phone instead of optimizing your code?

12 Likes

普通に倒せていたモンスターがラグで数秒飛んだり変な方向に突っ込んでいったりして逃げ切られる事が多くなったので直りましたで終わりでなく報酬倍加期間等何かしらの補填がほしい。
10秒残しくらいで倒せていた☆8イビルジョーに逃げられるのはさすがにキツいです

25 Likes

The lag comes after April updates. I have always use low graphic settings and disable the 60fps setting from day 1 and playing with my kids, which they are using mid range devices, even then there was no lag even on mid range device and slight but insignificant lag on low range device. Notice the lag was especially significant when playing in party and everyone perform evade or take some actions. Also why during hunt I can see error message to move to better location, unable to get location and sometimes failed communications, even when connected to wifi and sitting on the couch.

7 Likes

Optimization, better QA testing is top priority. Because if after an engine update and big update lots of devices suddenly stutter isn’t related to devices because lots of powerful SOC’s have issues. Beta testing could be an option for players who want to test,give feedback but NOT releasing a new untested build for EVERYONE.

6 Likes